If you’ve been a long time follower of my blog, you know that June is my favorite month of the year. Why you ask? Because it’s my month. That’s right, my birthday will be here in just a few days and in true only child fashion, I celebrate the entire month. This year, I’ll be kicking off my birthday festivities in one of the only other places I’d live, Washington, D.C.
I’m super excited about this trip for several reasons:
- I haven’t been to D.C. since I was based there as a Flight Attendant many moons ago.
- It’s just me and the beau on this trip and it will be his first time visiting the area.
- We haven’t been anywhere since our sub-par group trip back in March.
- It will be a much-needed change of pace and scenery for both of us.
- I get to catch up with some folks I haven’t seen in ages!
- We get to visit the National Museum of African American History and Culture that opened last year.
Aside from it being my birthday month, June is also the official kickoff to summer and a subtle reminder that the year is at its halfway point. My, how time flies! While I use this time to celebrate and travel, I also use it to reflect and reset. Not only am I thankful for where I am but I am in anticipation of what’s to come. This marks the beginning of yet another chapter in my life that I’m looking forward to making better than the last. The older you get, the more you start to really value life’s milestones. Not just out of habit but because each one literally becomes more meaningful than the last.
Stay tuned for a few recap posts on what I have in store for this month and Happy Birthday to all my fellow Gemini’s! (except Trump)